Saturday, October 23, 2010

June 29th 2010 - SF to London/Heathrow

June 29th 2010 - Tuesday



The Drive...

The Millers are taking good care of us on the way there, providing rest stops and offering snacks. Burger King still has their disturbingly hilarious Edward Cullen on the door. I'm really disappointed in myself for being too anxious to eat my breakfast from The Pancake House. My hands were shaking while I poured the milk and sugar into my tea. Yesterday, my sisters and mum cried. I barely managed not to.

On the road to Angie's to be on the road to San Francisco. Finally sinking in that I'm leaving (TUNNEL!) the States for the first time. We just went through a tunnel. I am jitteryish. If I forgot anything it's too late and I don't care. Weee! Sara will now illustrate this page as co-authoress of all that is wondrous.

[Here Sara drew up a portrait of me and it was quite detailed and genius.]






Flight From San Francisco...

On the plane! AAHH! I can see us moving from the window! Whaaat! =D I am FLYING to LONDON! Thank you God! Right now I'm in seat 37E but maybe later I'll get closer to mine clone buddy. I'm right in the middle seat between Kassia and CindyMrsSchutt so I'm amongst friends. My compactness comes in handy. MOVEMENT! WE'RE TURNING!!! Okay, we stopped again. =P The excitement is building, yet those peels (pills) Sara gavest to me are making me very tired. I will allow her to illustrate more as soon as possible.

Up in the air are we! Supa-tired. Take off was awesome!! Like a roller coaster that--God willing--stays up!



About 5 hr. 30 min. after take off...

Airplanes are amazing! People bring you food and drinks, there are pull-out trays, in-flight movies, and from the armrest you plug in earphones provided for you and get the classical music to sleep to without running down the juice from your mp3. If this is economy, what must first class be like??

We're over Greenland somewhere. *gasp* I can finally see our destination (almost) on the fantastic map-on-the-screen. It's true; I don't get out much.

I scribbled out some planefo for Ethan...

Planeformation:

It's approximately a 10 1/2 hour flight from San Fran to London/Heathrow. We're expected to get there between 12:30-12:40pm London time. Our ground speed is roughly 612mph, altitude 35,000 feet with tail winds of 47-88mph. Outside temperature is currently 65 degrees Fahrenheit. Now you know.

In-flight movies - Eastbound:

Wolfman - Mildly fascinating, what bits I saw. Much carnage. Maybe worth seeing as it involves sci-fi, Victorians, and at least one asylum.

Ghost Writer

Monster's Inc.

12 Angry Men

Invictus

Valentine's Day - Worse than I even imagined. Watched some of the French dub with Kassia.

My mp3 London Playlist:

Opening - Emma: A Victorian Romance
I absolutely adore this Japanese anime! It's set in London, and it's amazingly accurate to the Victorian era. I can't fawn enough over the quirky little details they put in the episodes, and the historical pointers at the end of each one. Oh yes, and the music is fantastic!

The ------ Theme - Phil Dragash
It's really pretty. Beyond that I cannot say.

Mountains of Mourne - Keith Harkin
So overall it's an Irish song, but they sing about being in London! "Well Mary, this London's a wonderful sight..." I couldn't help it. I had to sneak Harkin on there somewhere. ;) Don't judge.

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - Celtic Thunder
To me, it's the ultimate British song. I don't know why.

Emma: Operning Credits - Samuel Sim
There are so many things I have to complain about regarding this version of Emma, but the music is not one of them.

Not long now... I smell it in the air. I feel it in the water. London.

No comments:

Post a Comment